Wednesday 27 October 2010

Some stuff

A brief attempt at designing the human girl character for my project. In an ideal world I'd like to do a lot more sketching and experimenting, but the touslehaired ginge that appeared seems to fit quite well, in my mind at least. And then I drew the demon girl character all grown up, for no good reason. Still playing around with a style of suggesting forms and whatnot with a limited amount of information, probably because I've been watching too many cartoons.
That aside, cartoons can be pretty inspiring, especially if Genndy Tartakovsky is involved. Anyone remember Samurai Jack? Some fantastic stuff came out of that, courtesy of Scott Wills, Dan Krall and Bill Wray. Have a Google, have a gander. 

P.S. Every time I glance at the second image of mine the colour(s) makes me think of Penelope Pitstop. Might have to watch Wacky Racers.



No comments:

Post a Comment