Tuesday 14 September 2010

What does it say on the tin



Organic food is another thing that gets my goat. Or rather it's the people that want to associate some kind of guilt with not buying food that is "organic". What's organic really mean anyway? On several packets of organic food I've picked up, it says nothing more than "this has been farmed organically". Also it's no secret that many supermarkets label a lot of exactly identical fruit and vegetable produce as both organic and non. I can't remember where I read it, but the best way I've heard it described is: "organic food is a tax on the gullible."
To be honest, I just want people to get down off their high horse. Or at least, think about the horse that they're sitting on. With a little touch of ignorance, anything can be called a moral high ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment